Incorporation of Company under the Companies Act 2016
- Company limited by shares
- Company limited by guarantee
- Company unlimited
Requirements for Company Incorporation
- Company shall have name;
- One or more members;
- In the case of a limited company with shares, one or more shares; and
- One or more directors
The incorporation of companies under the Companies Act 2016 may be made by individuals who intend to form a company. The basic requirements are:
Company Incorporation Procedures
- Private company - at least one (1) director who ordinarily resides in Malaysia by having a principal place of residence in Malaysia and one (1) promoter; or
- Public company - at least two directors who ordinarily reside in Malaysia by having a principal place of residence in Malaysia and minimum one promoter.
- Requirement for approval of company name from SSM.
- The company's incorporation application is online using one of the two (2) incorporation methods:
- Direct incorporation – combination of name reservation and incorporation process; or
- Name reservation - submitting the incorporation application within 30 days or such longer period as the Registrar may allow (maximum of 180 days) after the name is approved.
- Incorporation information that needs to be completed is as follows
- The proposed company name
- The status of a private or public company
- The proposed type of business
- The address of registered office
- The business address
- Complete details of directors(s) and promoter(s)
- Declaration from directors(s) and promoter(s)
- Declaration of compliance from individuals responsible for incorporation
- Additional Documents (if any)
- Please click
here to incorporate a local company
- Company limited by shares of RM1,000
- Company limited by guarantee of RM3,000
- Only registration notice will be issued.
- A certificate of incorporation will only be issued upon application made with the prescribed fee.
- Company secretary must be appointed within 30 days after the incorporation of the company.
- Company's constitution is a non-mandatory option for company limited by share.
- Please click
here for information on Company Limited By Guarantee, Coordination of Corporate Applications and Registration under the Trust Companies Act 1949.