Effective from 1st of January 2021, Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) has agreed to recognize 60 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) points for online training during the validity period of license.
Based on this new condition, required CPE points can be accumulated either by attending online and/or classroom training without any breakdown of CPE points between these two (2) learning methods.
Meanwhile, the existing conditions regarding the CPE requirements for renewal of Company Secretary’s License (LS) under section 20G of the Companies Commission of Malaysia Act 2001 are still applicable as follows:
• Secretaries are required to collect at least 60 CPE points during the validity period of license for three (3) years.
• The training attended can be organised by SSM, professional bodies, regulatory bodies, training providers or in-house.
• CPE points are calculated based on the number of learning hours attended which is 1 CPE point equals to 1 learning hour.
• All types or categories of online training can be considered for CPE points including webinars and e-learning.
• Secretaries shall comply with the type of training / courses and percentage of CPE points as set out in paragraph 35 of the Guidelines Relating to Practising Certificate for Secretaries under Section 241 of the Companies Act 2016.
Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia
Date : 10 December 2020