Following the temporary closure of SSM counters during the
Movement Control Order
(MCO) and cancellation of courses organised by SSM, professional and regulatory bodies as well as other training providers due to the
Covid-19 outbreak in Malaysia, SSM hereby agrees to extend the time period for Licenced Secretaries
(LS) to apply for renewal of company secretary's licence based on the following categories and conditions:
- Company secretary's licence has expired; and
Comply with the 60 CPE points requirement.
- LS in category 1 has been given an extension of time until the end period of the MCO. Lodgement of company secretary licence's renewal application shall be made once SSM counters start operating as usual.
- Company secretary's licence has expired or will be expire from
January 2020 until 31st December 2020; and
Does not comply with the 60 CPE points requirements.
- LS in category 2 are given an extension of time until the next renewal of licence to collect the remaining CPE points.
- Guide / Example:-
|LS has only collected 40 CPE points |
Insufficient 20 CPE points
= 60 CPE - 40 CPE
= 20 CPE points
|Total CPE points to be complied with for the next renewal of licence|
accumulate 80 CPE points during the validity period of three (3) years
= 60 CPE + remaining 20 CPE
= 80 CPE points
- LS are required to apply for the renewal of a company secretary's licence as soon as the MCO period ends and SSM counters has started operating as usual.
- Application for the renewal of licence will be approved with conditions, where failure to comply/collect the remaining CPE points will result in the subsequent application for the renewal of licence to be rejected.
In accordance with the extension approval, LS are still qualified to act as a company secretary until the licence is renewed.
For any enquiries, please send your email to the SSM Contact Centre at
21 April 2020