COMPANIES COMMISSION OF MALAYSIA ACT 2001
PART III - FUNCTIONS AND POWERS OF THE COMMISSION
Section 19. The Commission may establish committees.
(1) The Commission may establish such committees as it considers necessary or expedient to assist it in the performance of its functions under this Act.
(2) Members of a committee established under subsection (1) may be appointed from amongst members of the Commission or such other persons as the Commission thinks fit.
(3) Persons who are disqualified from being members of the Commission under section 9 shall also be disqualified from being members of a committee.
(4) A member of a committee shall hold office for such term as may be specified in his letter of appointment and is eligible for reappointment.
(5) The Commission may revoke the appointment of any member of a committee without assigning any reason for the revocation.
(6) A member of a committee may resign by giving notice in writing to the Chairman.
(7) A committee established under this section may elect any of its members to be chairman and may regulate its own procedure, and in the exercise of its powers such committee shall be subject to and act in accordance with any direction given to the committee by the Commission.
(8) The members of a committee or any person invited to attend any meeting of a committee may be paid such allowances and other expenses as the Commission may determine.
(9) Meetings of a committee shall be held at such times and places as the chairman of the committee may, subject to subsection (7) , determine.
Copyright © 2006 PNMB-LawNet. All rights reserved.