This division is responsible for establishing a structured and effective companies and businesses registration process in addition to handling registration matters, in line with the provisions of the Acts and guidelines it administrates. Concurrently, this division also plays a role in ensuring that the updating of corporate information is done accurately and according to the prescribed Client Service Charter.
Company Registration Section
- Name Search Companies
- Incorporation of Companies
- General Documents
- Registration and satisfaction of Charges
Business Registration Section
- Registration of New Business
- Registration of Sole proprietorship or Partnership
- Registration using personal name as stated in identity card or using trade name
- Registration for changes in business particular.
- Registration for changes of business address, business types, changes of particulars on branches and changes of information of owner or partner.
- Renewal of business registration
- Registration on termination of business
Interest Schemes Section
- Ensures that the holders of interest schemes obtain their user rights as promised in the trust deeds.
- POLICY GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS FOR SALE OF SHARE-FARMING GROWER'S PLOT
- POLICY GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS FOR TIMESHARING ARRANGEMENTS
- POLICY GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS FOR SALES OF CLUB MEMBERSHIPS
- POLICY GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS ON THE ISSUANCE OF ADVERTISEMENT IN RELATION TO REGISTERED INTEREST SCHEME
- Ensures that the interest scheme industry is able to self-regulate, establish the best practices and produce an ethical industry.
Corporate Administration Section
Coordinates and monitors applications for the incorporation of Companies Limited by Guarantee (CLBG) under the Companies Act 1965 by getting the approval of the Minister.
- Incorporation of companies under section 24(1) of the Companies Act 1965.
- Ownership and disposal of land under section 19(2) of the Companies Act 1965.
- Discontinuation of the use of the word ‘Berhad’ under section 24(2) of the Companies Act 1965.
- Appointment of directors/trustees under the conditions OF THE LICENCE of section 24(3) of the Companies Act 1965.
- Alteration of companies’ Memorandum and Articles of Association under section 24(4) of the Companies Act 1965.
- Collection of donations under the conditions for licensing of section 24(3) of the Companies Act 1965.
- Other applications under section 24 of the Companies Act 1965.
- Checking of Memorandum and Articles of Association for CLBGs (with the word ‘Berhad’ at the end of its name).
- Regulation of CLBGs that have been incorporated to ensure that the provisions of the Companies Act and the conditions for licensing are complied with.
- Implementation of policies and guidelines.
Coordination of corporate applications
- To process the application for extension of time under sections 143(2) and 169(2) of the Companies Act 1965.
- To process the application for RELIEF/ WAIVER/ APPROVAL under sections 169A and 336(5) of the Companies Act 1965.
- To process the application for approval under section 168(3) of the Companies Act 1965 relating to the difference in financial year between subsidiaries and the mother company.
- To process the application for appointment of proxy under section 149(1)(b).
- To handle the prospectus that is lodged under section 36A(4) of the Companies Act 1965 regarding the publishing and offer of securities/shares.
- To handle the quarterly reports and financial reports under section 36A(7) / section 80 of the Companies Act 1965.
- To record the Court Order under section 176 of the Companies Act 1965.
Registration under the Trust Companies Act 1949
To coordinate the registration of trust companies.
- To process applications to register trust companies
- To coordinate the registration of trust companies.
- To coordinate interviews for the appointment of directors/Chief Executive Officers of trust companies.
- To prepare interview reports for the approval of directors and Chief Executive Officers.
- Guidelines and Check List of Company Limited by Guarantee (CLBG)
- Guidelines Of Registration Of Trust Company
- Application to Register a Trust Company under the Trust Companies Act 1949
- Handles matters relating to the winding-up of companies and strike off of company names of the registrar and asset management of defunct companies.
- To keep records of companies those are in the process of winding up, either by a court order or voluntary.
- To regulate the compliance of Companies Act 1965 relating to winding up of companies and dissolution of companies.
- Strike off company name pursuant to Section 308 Companies Act 1965.
- The Registrar has powers to strike off companies if he has reasonable cause to believe that a company is not carrying on business or is not in operation.
- To process applications to strike off company names off the register.
- Asset Management.
- To register and record the list of assets vested in the Registrar of Companies under section 310 of the Companies Act 1965.