Section 7B. Power to conduct inspection. (COMPANIES ACT 1965 (REVISED - 1973) - ACT 125)
(1) For the purpose of ascertaining whether a corporation or any officer of a corporation is complying with this Act, the Registrar may have access to any place or building and may inspect and make copies of or take extracts from any book, minute book, register or document required by or under this Act to be kept by the corporation.
(2) For the purposes of this section, the Registrar may by notice in writing require any officer of a corporation or any person to produce to him such books, registers or documents as are in the custody or under the control of that officer or person.
(3) A corporation which, any officer of the corporation or any person who—
(a) fails to produce any such books, registers or documents as required by the Registrar under this section; or
(b) obstructs or hinders the Registrar while exercising any of the powers under this section,
shall be guilty of an offence against this Act.
Penalty: Imprisonment for three years or ten thousand ringgit or both.
(4) The Registrar, except for the purposes of this Act, or in the course of any criminal proceedings, shall not make a record of, or divulge or communicate to any other person, any information which he has acquired by reason of such inspection.
(5) Subsection (1) shall not be construed as limiting or affecting any power to make any such inspection conferred on any person by any other law.