(1) The Chief Executive Officer of the Commission shall be the Registrar of Companies.
(1A) The Commission may appoint, on such terms and conditions as it may determine, from amongst persons in the employment of the Commission such number of Regional Registrars, Deputy Registrars, Assistant Registrars, clerks and servants for the proper administration of this Act, and may revoke the appointment of any person so appointed or deemed to have been so appointed under subsection (1B).
(1B) The persons holding office as Regional Registrars, Deputy Registrars, Assistant Registrars, clerks and servants under this Act before the appointed date who were given an option by the Government of Malaysia and have opted to serve as employees of the Commission shall, on the appointed date, be deemed to have been appointed Regional Registrars, Deputy Registrars, Assistant Registrars, clerks and servants by the Commission.
(2) Subject to the general direction and control of the Registrar and to such restrictions and limitations as may be prescribed, anything by this Act appointed or authorized or required to be done or signed by the Registrar may be done or signed by any Regional, Deputy or Assistant Registrar and shall be as valid and effectual as if done or signed by the Registrar.
(3) No person dealing with any Regional, Deputy or Assistant Registrar shall be concerned to see or inquire whether any restrictions or limitations have been prescribed, and every act or omission of a Regional Deputy or Assistant Registrar so far as it affects any such person shall be as valid and effectual as if done or omitted by the Registrar.
Certain signatures to be judicially noticed
(4) All courts, judges and persons acting judicially shall take judicial notice of the seal and signature of the Registrar and of any Regional, Deputy or Assistant Registrar.
(5)-(10) (Deleted by Act A836).
Power to call for information
(11) (a) The Registrar may require any corporation or person to give orally or may by notice under his hand require any corporation or person to give in writing within a time specified in the notice all such information in his possession or within his knowledge as may be required of it or him by the Registrar for the purposes of this Act.
(b) Any corporation or person who fails to supply any information, or who in supplying any information makes any statement which he knows to be false in material particular, or recklessly makes such statement, shall be guilty of an offence.
Penalty: Two thousand ringgit. Default penalty.
(12) For the purposes of this Act, any notice, letter or document sent by ordinary or registered post shall be deemed to have been served on the person, corporation or firm to whom it is addressed, on the day succeeding the day on which the notice, letter or document would have been received in the ordinary course of post if—
(a) in the case of a corporation or firm it is addressed to its last known registered office;
(b) in the case of a person, it is addressed to his last known address.
(13) Neither the Registrar nor any person appointed by the Commission under subsection (1A) or deemed to have been appointed under subsection (1B) shall be liable to be sued in any court for any act or matter done or ordered to be done or omitted to be done, by him in good faith and in the intended exercise of any power or performance of any duty, conferred or imposed on him by or under this Act.
(14) Subject to section 7A, there shall be paid to the Registrar—
(a) the fees specified in the Second Schedule; and
(b) such other fees as are prescribed,
and such fees shall be collected by the Registrar in such manner as the Minister may, from time to time, direct.